Sergio Vendetti, MD, DMD, a native of Italy, has 12 years of postgraduate and surgical training, and has both dental and medical degrees. He completed his training with a general cosmetic surgery fellowship at Broadway Medical Center in Seattle, WA, before entering private practice in Maryland. After five years, he established Virginia Surgical Arts LLC, a private, state-of-the-art, ambulatory surgical center, and is pleased to call Virginia Beach his home.
Dr. Vendetti is committed to continuing education in order to stay current with the latest techniques. He has given numerous lectures both in cosmetic surgery and oral/facial reconstruction to academic groups and medical conferences.
He is an active member in many professional organizations and is an assistant professor at the Medical College of Virginia where he teaches dental implant and bone grafting procedures as well as facial cosmetic surgery to the surgical residents at the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery.
In 2012, Virginia Living Magazine listed Dr. Vendetti among the winners for the regions best Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons.
In 2010, Consumers Research Council of America named him to the list of
America’s Top Dentists.
Dr. Vendetti and Virginia Surgical Arts have been honored to win the “Best of the Beach” for 2 consecutive years in 2 catagories
“Best Oral Surgeon” selected for Gold in 2011 and 2012
“Best Skin Care Facility” selected for Bronze in 2011 and Silver in 2012
Dr. Vendetti is currently the President of the Virginia Beach Dental Study Club
which is a non-for-profit professional organization that provides continuing education to a large number of dental and surgical professionals in the South Hampton Rodes Area.
Dr. Vendetti is an active staff physician at Sentara Virginia Beach General
with full privileges and provides surgical services for facial trauma.
Education and Professional Training
- Fellowship in General Cosmetic Surgery · Broadway Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Residency in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery ·1992-1998, Louisiana State University, New Orleans
- Internship in General Surgery ·1995-1996, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans
- Medical Degree · 1992-1995, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans
- Internship in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery ·1991-1992, Louisiana State University
- Doctor of Medical Dentistry studies · 1987-1991, Univ of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Certificate of Advanced Study: Head/Neck Anatomy · 1990-91, University of Pittsburgh School of Dentistry
- Externship in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery ·1990, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- Summer Internship in Head and Neck Surgery/Otolaryngology ·1989, Univ of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Eye and Ear Hospital
- B.S., Microbiology ·1983-1987, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
Current Licensure and Certification
- Virginia State Board Medical License · April 2004
- Virginia State Board Dental License · January 2006
- Maryland State Board Medical License · August 1999
- Maryland State Board Dental License · August 1999
- Louisiana State Board Medical License · July 1996
- American Board of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification · February 2004
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification · April 2007
- Basic Life Support certification · March 2004
- Maryland State Board General Anesthesia Permit · August 1999
- National Board of Dental Examiners Certification · June 1991
- North East Regional Dental Board Certification · June 1991
- Advanced CO2 Laser Surgery Techniques Certification · February 1997
- AO/ASIF Maxillofacial Certification · April 1996
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Board of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons · Diplomate
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons · Fellow
- American College of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons · Associate
- American Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons · Diplomate
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery, Associate
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of Virginia
- Virginia Society of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Virginia Dental Association
- Virginia Tidewater Dental Association
- Southeastern Society of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association