Sergio Vendetti, MD, DMD
Sergio Vendetti, MD, DMD, a native of Italy, has both dental and medical degrees as well as twelve years of postgraduate and surgical training. He completed his training with a general cosmetic surgery fellowship at Broadway Medical Center in Seattle, WA, before entering private practice in Maryland. After five years, he established Virginia Surgical Arts LLC in Virginia Beach, VA, a private, state-of-the-art, ambulatory surgical center, and he is pleased to call Virginia Beach his home.
He is committed to continuing education in order to stay current with the latest techniques and technology in both cosmetic and dental surgery and has also shared his expertise by delivering numerous lectures in both oral/facial reconstruction and cosmetic surgery at medical conferences and to academic groups..
In addition to his Virginia Surgical Arts LLC practice, Dr. Vendetti is the Medical Director for Washington Medical Hair Clinic of South Hampton Roads, and, as part of this practice, provides hair transplantation and grafting.
He is an active member in many medical and dental professional organizations and is an assistant professor at the Medical College of Virginia, where he teaches dental implant and bone grafting procedures as well as facial cosmetic surgery to the surgical residents in the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery.
Beyond his impressive dual medical and dental educational background and his noteworthy experience in both fields, he is also known for his personalized, genuine, and sincere way of relating to his patients. The awards listed below attest to his dedication to them and to his chosen medical/dental specialities.
In 2012, 2013 and 2014, Virginia Living Magazine listed Dr. Vendetti among the winners for the regions best Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons.
In 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, Consumers Research Council of America named him to the list of America’s Top Dentists.
Dr. Vendetti and Virginia Surgical Arts have been honored to win the “Best of the Beach” for 4 consecutive years in 3 categories: “Best Oral Surgeon” selected for Gold in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 “Best Skin Care Facility” selected for Bronze in 2011, Silver in 2012 and Gold in 2014 “Best Esthetician” selected for Silver in 2013.
Education and Professional Training
Dr. Vendetti is the past president of the Virginia Beach Dental Study Club for 2013 and served as officer for four years. This not-for-profit professional organization provides continuing education to a large number of dental and surgical professionals in the South Hampton Roads area. Dr. Vendetti is an active staff physician at Sentara Virginia Beach General with full privileges and provides surgical services for facial trauma and head & neck infections.
- Fellowship in General Cosmetic Surgery · Broadway Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Residency in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery ·1992-1998, Louisiana State University, New Orleans
- Internship in General Surgery · 1995-1996, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans
- Medical Degree · 1992-1995, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans
- Internship in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery ·1991-1992, Louisiana State University
- Doctor of Medical Dentistry studies · 1987-1991, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Certificate of Advanced Study: Head/Neck Anatomy · 1990-91, University of Pittsburgh School of Dentistry
- Externship in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery ·1990, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- Summer Internship in Head and Neck Surgery/Otolaryngology ·1989, Univ. of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Eye and Ear Hospital
- B.S., Microbiology ·1983-1987, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
Current Licensure and Certification
- Virginia State Board Medical License · April 2004
- Virginia State Board Dental License · January 2006
- Maryland State Board Medical License · August 1999
- Maryland State Board Dental License · August 1999
- Louisiana State Board Medical License · July 1996
- American Board of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery certification