Many patients are looking for ways to improve the look, color and texture of their skin without the down time typically associated with surgical procedures. Virginia Surgical Arts offers microneedling treatments for improving your skin’s appearance. This minimally invasive, in-office skin rejuvenation treatment can improve fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and many other conditions.
THE ULTIMATE MICRONEEDLING EXPERIENCE
SkinPen is a medical grade, state-of-the-art microneedling device designed to stimulate your skin’s natural ability to repair itself. It initiates a controlled skin healing response by creating a series of hundreds of vertical microscopic channels into the dermis. This automatically triggers new collagen growth free of scar tissue formation with very little downtime.
SkinPen microneedling helps to address issues, including:
- Fine Lines
- Acne Scars
- Stretch Marks
- Skin Texture Conditions
Different Treatment Depths for Different Issues:
Shallow depth (approx 0.5mm) micro needling treats fine lines, pores, texture, minor scarring, used for penetrating solutions, improving crepey skin.
Medium depth (approx 1.0 mm) treats fine lines, scarring, mild stretch marks, enables deeper penetration of solutions.
Deeper depths (approx 1.5mm to 3.0mm) treat deeper acne scars, surgical and traumatic scars, stretch marks, deeper wrinkles, pores, texture, and enables deepest penetration of solutions.
Advantages of Microneedling:
- Minimally invasive
- Non-ablative with no thermal energy required
- Performed in office with very little downtime
- Superior safety profile and works on all skin types
- Can be used on all parts of the body including face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back. This versatility makes SkinPen especially helpful when addressing acne scars on the back and stretch marks on the body
What You Can Expect from Your SkinPen Microneedling
- A comfortable experience.
- A short procedure time, approximately 30 minutes.
- A plan for optimal results.
- Mild post-procedure effects, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn.
- Effective on all body parts, including face, neck and decolletage.
- Safe for all skin types, light to dark.
- Ideal any time of the year.
- Little to no downtime.
- Beautiful, lasting results.
Potential Risks and Safety
Micro-needling is a very safe and well tolerated office procedure. Safely used on patients of all skin-types, Microneedling can be performed all-year, even during the summer, a time when lasers are not recommended.
Though very little downtime is needed after a microneedling treatment, patients can expect mild redness and swelling which usually subsides within 24 hours. One should always be careful of sun exposure following a treatment. The redness, swelling and tenderness that may follow the procedure feels similar to a mild sunburn. After just one day, patients may return to normal activities and are able to conceal most of the signs of treatment with makeup.
The skin’s appearance will begin to improve as the body’s healing process promotes the production of healthy new cells and extracellular substances (e.g., collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid). Multiple sessions are recommended to achieve optimal microneedling results. 3-4 treatments are required for best results and up to 6 treatments for more severe scarring. For anti-aging 1-2 treatments a year.