Your initial appointment at Virginia Surgical Arts will consist of a consultation in which Dr. Vendetti will listen to your goals, evaluate your needs, and then discuss available treatment options. Depending on the type of treatment desired or needed, a procedure can sometimes be performed on the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and an additional appointment to provide treatment.
This first visit will be your opportunity to learn as much as possible about specific treatments. To make the best use of the time during your consultation, you may want to bring along any questions you would like to ask regarding specific treatment options that you think might best suit your needs. Dr. Vendetti and Kelly Frank are both committed to taking the time with you that is needed in order for you to feel well informed and comfortable with your treatment choices. We understand that any surgical or skincare treatment you are considering is a very personalized decision. We will strive to help you reach your goals.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
For Oral Surgery Patients
- Your surgical referral slip and any X-rays if applicable
- A list of medications you are taking
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- A healthy history form can be completed on our website (Health History Form – Fill out and submit online or print) and submit it electronically prior to your consultation appointment.
For Cosmetic or Skincare Clients
- A list of any medications you are taking
- Any coupons, vouchers or gift certificates obtained from special offers and promotions or any Groupon and LivingSocial deals
- A brief health history will be completed at the consultation appointment
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation.
A pre-operative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. Please do not eat or drink for eight hours prior to your surgery. You will need an adult to drive you home.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (e.g diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (e.g. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
For oral surgical patients, if your dentist or physician has taken X-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
A cosmetic consultation is the first step in an assessment of the potential benefit of cosmetic surgery. It also provides you with the opportunity to both ask questions and discuss available treatment options. To schedule your appointment for a complimentary cosmetic consultation, including laser and skin care treatments, please call our office at (757) 430-7690.